Why have we choosen to support this school?
– It is close to where we live in the foothills of the Drakensberg mountains
– The area is remote and very poor
– We have massive problems with education in South Africa and this school is looking for solutions that work.
– Pre-primary education is so important for the development of children
– The school was initiated and is still managed by Megan Beddingham whose family owns the Cavern Resort and have been in the area for many years
Charity Events – The Big Hike
Tracy participated in the Drakensberg Big 5 Hike in May 2017, and 2018, raising funds for the Royal Drakensberg School, a primary school located deep in the heart of the Drakensberg Mountains, far away from many facilities, and run by dedicated and inspiring individuals. Her family all managed the 18km of strenuous hiking in the day along with many others with ages ranging from 8 years to 70 years!
If you would like to support the school with any small donation, please click on either of the links below:
Reference: your name and African Sojourns.